Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Reboot

So, it's obviously been a while since I last posted. Granted, I don't think anyone's really given a shit since only like 2 people read this. Today is my birthday :) and I am officially not a teenager anymore. I'd be excited about that regardless of whether I was a mom or not but it'll be nice to no longer be a "teen mom." It's been a pretty relaxed day today. I got up early and watched some TV (No Ordinary Family, Raising Hope, Running Wilde) and then Violet and John got up. We're doing a lot of things this month and we ordered my Nancy Drew game last night ( :) ) so I wasn't expecting anything but a verbal Happy Birthday. I was pleasently surprised when John came in with Violet holding a really sweet Winnie the Pooh card!!! Then John went to work and Violet and I played and we both took a long nap. In a few min I should probably get ready for dinner. My parents are taking us out to Khanki (best fucking place ever) it's kind of a yearly tradition that is usually accompanied by a chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins but I didn't ask for the cake this year. I am also getting a water filter from them as well. I know, my life is SUPER exciting.... (that's sarcasm if you weren't aware) We need one but with Yo Gabba Gabba Live and Disney, we just can't afford it this month... More on that later though because I really need to get ready before John shits himself :D

3 comments:

  1. You spelt Kanki wrong. If it's so important why don't you know the spelling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dr wonton, you spelled "spelled" wrong...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right. Except, I didn't.

    From Webster's:

    Spell - verb, spelled or spelt, spell·ing.
    1.to name, write, or otherwise give the letters, in order, of (a word, syllable, etc.): Did I spell your name right?
    2.(of letters) to form (a word, syllable, etc.): The letters spelled a rather rude word.
    3.to read letter by letter or with difficulty (often fol. by out ): She painfully spelled out the message.
    4.to discern or find, as if by reading or study (often fol. by out ).
    5.to signify; amount to: This delay spells disaster for us.
    While "spelled" is more widely accepted as the "correct" verb, spelt is also correct.

    Likewise, there is a big difference between misspelling or using the wrong verb, and misspelling a name.

    ReplyDelete