Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Let's Get Physical

I've been pretty terrible about exercising for at least a year and a half now. Before I was pregnant I danced pretty much every day and I ate decently. When I got pregnant I started to eat better although there were days when all I wanted was some rice with soy sauce or a giant plate of mashed potatoes with gravy. I also walked to school some and around the neighboorhood (although I did try to get out of that as much as possible). After Violet was born I went back to dance but I only did one night a week and my diet went downhill quickly. I haven't gone back to dance since classes ended and I've learned that it's much easier to sustain my weight than lose weight. Last night/this morning, however, I got off my slightly larger ass and finally put on that pilates DVD I bought like 4 months ago but never even opened. I LOVE pilates because it's a workout I can actually feel working while I'm doing it and it doesn't blow out my knees like running does. My reasons for working out may mostly center around the fact that my mom still freaks out when I'm not sucking in because I have a nice ring of belly bulge.... It's not often (in public) that you find me not sucking in like my life depends on it since I don't want to look like I'm pregnant again and it makes my boobs look extra perky. Seriously, If you want to look like you have extra upper body muscle or extra cleavage just suck in your stomach. I've also been told that it helps tone your mid section since it's working some of your core muscles. Eventually I may also get my diet back under control but I feel like I may lose focus on my exercise if I do that... I'm not super woman (because if I was I would have more problems with my daughter shooting laser beams out of her eyes and picking up the family car than trying to lose weight) also if I was super woman I could probably eat whatever I want and still be a size zero.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Keep it up!

    Also, FINALLY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you should talk, Chubs McGee... Why don't you work out with me?

    ReplyDelete