Friday, October 8, 2010

Dream Phone Tag

Violet and I just got up and are watching Special Agent Oso on Disney which really doesn't have anything to do with the rest of this post. I'm pretty tired still so you'll have to just stick with it if this thing gets derailed. So anyway, last night I had a pretty odd dream about one of my old next door neighbors. I grew up with a bunch of guys so I guess it shouldn't really shock me that I'd have an interesting dream about one of them. It's not like it hasn't happened before. Last night, in the dream, I was back at my parents' house when I decided to go see my across the street neighbor, Thomas. It seemed like a much longer trip over there than in real life and I ran into one of my old dance teachers who was headed over there to ask his mom something. When we got there the house was suddenly riverfront (the road had turned into a river) and there were all these other houses built around it. Thomas and Charles (my actual next door neighbor) come out and we go around to the back porch. Thomas then starts taking off my pants for some reason but then his mom comes out so my pants rebutton themselves and we go to play in the yard that's suddenly sprung up in place of the river. My house is also just behind the yard as well and we have a new fence that has a code and I manage to set off.... multiple times. Now that I really think about it, I think the alarm on the fence was from John's phone going off. He resets his alarm at least 3 times and it really pisses me off. He does it every damn day. I don't understand why he doesn't just set it for later to begin with. I know I kind of glazed over the whole Thomas starting to take off my pants thing but I was wearing jeans and only the top button and part of the zipper were undone so there wasn't even any underwear revealed. When I was little I always thought that it was more than likely that I would marry a neighbor. I knew that if I had to marry one, it might as well be Thomas. He's one of like my all time favortite people. I'm kind of mad at him right now, however. Thomas has decided to not pick up my phone calls or call back when I call him. I only think about it when I'm back in town and I actually have free time which only occurs once every few months. Next time, I'm just going to fucking go over there. So this post has been kind of random and weird, much like my life.

1 comment:

  1. I will....not address the rest of the post, but will comment in regards to my phone alarm situation.

    You are clearly uneducated in what makes snoozing GREAT.

    When the alarm goes off, you have to get up. BUT. If you can manage to squeeze another 10 minutes in, those are the best 10 minutes of sleep you'll get.

    Not only do you feel like you've cheated time, but you'll likely be more rested as a result. Getting those extra minutes is the gap needed so you don't wake up and still be basically asleep.

    If you set your alarm for EXACTLY the right time, you don't get this option. And it sucks.

    ReplyDelete