Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Day (and a half) with Violet

Yesterday we went over to my cousins house to visit with some of my family. My aunt and uncle from South Carolina were visiting and had brought a ridiculous amount of food. My aunt cooks like there's always going to be at least 30 people for dinner and makes at least four or five different dishes. In short, she's amazing. So there we were, having a good time and talking about my other uncle's cats. He lives on a farm and let some stray cats move in to keep the snakes away but now he's thinking he has too many cats. He also apparently found a snake in his bedroom the other day. The way he tells it, he just took a shoe and calmly knocked the snake out and took it outside. He is definitely a country man. Violet kept climbing up on a big chair during all of this so my dad found her a little tiny chair that she could sit on. She would get on and off and all over. Then, as she was simply moving the chair back some, the whole thing tipped over. Violet face planted on the hardwood floor and I think the chair might have hit her as well. Poor thing, her lip swelled up to three times its normal size and there was a lot of blood. She calmed down after a little bit and was happy to suck on an ice cube. Every once in a while for the rest of the day she'd look at me and go "my lips hurt" but she was real good about that ice.

Today the swelling has gone down a bunch and she should be ok by the time we leave for Disney. She freaked out when her daddy had to leave for work though. She thinks he's the fun parent because I'm the one that usually has to give her a time-out. Speaking of freaking out, she just ran up to me and told me she couldn't find her eyes. Earlier she was playing with her letter magnets and then ran up to the living room toy box and went "hey guys can you help me with my letters?" cutest thing ever.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha I just told Violet she needed a diaper change and she put her hands over her face and said "I can't believe it"

    ReplyDelete