Saturday, October 9, 2010

Urinary Discourse

A lot of women seem to have a problem with leaking urine now and then. Whether it's from coughing, sneezing, laughing too hard, or just moving the wrong way. It usually occurs from having kids or just plain getting old. I know it happened to me a few times while I was in my third trimester and I can only think it would get worse the more kids you're carrying at once. However, I think I prefer to leak a little rather than feel like I have to pee 24/7 but not actually have to go. I have a UTI right now and it is positively awful. The doctor gave me some meds today so hopefully that will take care of it but so far I've been on the toilet more than off of it the past few days.


Update: I fell asleep partway through this post and I can't really remember what my point was but my medicine seems to be helping. So now for something completely different.


We're trying to teach Violet her alphabet and how to spell her name. She's doing pretty well so far thanks to a niffty little device my mom got her. It's a toy that you put on the fridge (magnetized) and it comes with letter magnets. When Violet puts a letter on the toy and pushes, it sings the name of the letter and all the sounds it makes. "Every letter makes a sound V says vuh. Every letter makes a sound V says vuh." Violet is completely obsessed with it and we hear it at least 20 times a day but it seems to be working well. We also like to write her name a lot so she's up to knowing the first 4 letters of her name. The letter E seems to confuse her a bit though. Not to get all sappy, but everyday Violet just amazes me more and more. She's almost too smart but I wouldn't have her any other way. She is very much her own person and I can tell she's going to be a lot like I was. Very independant and not really caring what other people think.




1 comment:

  1. On an unrelated note, Leapfrog makes some pretty nifty stuff. I think almost everything we've gotten by them has taught Violet a lot. We have a toddler book reader toy which, while she doesn't quite understand it now, clearly interests her. I'm quite impressed with their products, and am much more pleased that they aim to develop a child's mind and aren't just "make music" toys.

    ReplyDelete