Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Thoughts of an Insomniac

So last night, when I was not sleeping yet again, I started reflecting back on my life thus far. Violet is turning two in July and so I'm a bit nostalgiac and all my friends are out of school for the summer and traversing across the globe. On one hand, yes, I am a little jealous that I can't just take off for Italy or England for a semester but on the other hand I like where my life is right now. I spend my days with Violet since she's no longer in daycare ( a rant for another day) and we just pretty much stay at home. If I wasn't me, I think it'd be really really lonely for people because I really don't see people other than family and that's not that often either. There are no moms in the area that are my age and while the older moms are nice, it's like talking one of my mom's friends or their kids. My friends, while i love them, also can't relate to my life. They're in college, they go drinking and partying, and I can't go out unless john's home early and usually I'm done for the night around 10 or 11. I wasn't the party going type before I got pregnant so I'm not sure why I feel like I'm missing out sometimes. I wouldn't be going regardless but it's like being told you can never have ice cream and you've never tried it. Everyone told you it's great but you never got around to it and now you never will. I do plan on living it up on my 21st though. John and Violet can go stay at his moms house because I plan on partying all night long and I don't want to wake them when I come stumbling in at 4 in the morning. Violet will be 3 and I don't think she wants to see her mom drunk off her ass at that age. More teen moms need to get out the message to girls and boys in highschool that once they have a kid, the partying is over. Your life becomes 100% about your child and there's not a lot of time for yourself anymore. Between housework, cooking, and taking care of your child there will be just enough time to sleep and maybe get a shower. If you're a yetti like me, shaving has to wait until Violet is in bed for the night and I'm not exhausted. On top of that, many teen parents are single which means they also have to have a job so good luck finding the time or money to go out. This fall I really want to go to some of the local high schools and just tell them that unless they want to feel 30 before they even turn 20, they should abstain from sex or at least use proper birth control (the more the better). TV isn't helping either with their unrealistic views of teen parenting. If I see one more show use teen pregnancy as a go to plot line I'm gonna lose my shit. The same goes for TV movies. Somebody's getting drop kicked from whatever network crosses me.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if this has a good or bad message...seems to switch it up a bit...

    And learn to use paragraphs. And spell "yetti" correctly. It's "yeti".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spell it yetti because it's a little e sound. you can get over it john.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's fine...just go against the English language like you own it or something.

    ReplyDelete