Friday, November 19, 2010

Zombie Sexuality


If you're my friend on facebook then you probably already know that I've been ridiculously tired the past week or so. As the title of this post suggests, I've felt like a complete zombie even after sleeping a good nights sleep. It's like I don't sleep while I'm asleep which would go along well with the action packed dreams I've been having. The worse part about all of this is that it completely kills my patience. On an average day I have a pretty high level of patience and can deal with the screaming, banging, and question assaults. On exhausted days I can deal with one tantrum, half a banging, and only repeating a question once. I really try to distract the situation with offers of a book or something else that's fun but there are times when that doesn't work so we've had a lot of time outs this week. Daddy's been frustrated as well with Violet this week because she won't let him do anything. She wants him with her 24/7 and won't stop calling for him as long as he's home (and sometimes when he's not). Violet loves me, but I'm the one that gives time outs so she sees Daddy as the fun parent. He also gives her what she wants much faster than I do (if I do at all) So I think she also feels like he's the one to go to get her way. Although it's actually very difficult to give Violet what she wants because she never seems to know. I'll ask what she wants for a snack and she'll say "goldfish" so I go and get her a bowl of goldfish and like partway through pouring I hear her screaming "NO I DON'T WANT GOLDFISH" so then we go through a list of snacks and she doesn't want any of them. Then she'll want the snack we ran out of three days ago and finally settle of the original request of gold fish.... We repeat this pattern for every single meal. At big meals, however, I won't make her something different but I may add a side of something (like another fruit or vegetable).

On a non related note, I was reading recently that Teen Mom Amber (the one who's facing felony assault charges against her ex-fiance) was dating a couple of guys. What surprised me were some of the comments that people posted about her. There was a comment about her being a whore or a slut like every other comment. A lot of people were calling her a bad mom as well but not because of the assault but because of her dating life. I just don't understand why we're held to a different standard because of our age. If Amber was in her 30s and a single mom, people would praise her for getting herself out there and dating but because she's 20 (like me) and a mom she's some sort of deviant. If I were single and Violet was staying with her dad I would probably date casually. I wouldn't bring them home to Violet but I would date on my own time. I think it's age appropriate to not really be serious about any one guy (obviously not in all cases since I'm with Daddy and a couple of my friends are married) I don't know, I guess it annoys me because I wouldn't want people saying things like about me if I was single and starting to date again. It could be that those people really were just angry because Amber's not being the best mom she can be for a slew of other reasons.

Anyway,
If you can please donate a Knock Knock Joke for Violet in the comments section. If your comment doesn't show up, it's because you didn't type in the security thingy that shows up after you hit post. She really needs some new ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment