Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Disney

Walt Disney World was just shy of being everything I had hoped for, for Violet. There really is a certain majesty about the place that makes you so excited and happy. I'm not sure if it has to do with the rides, the spotless streets and sidewalks, the way you can just park your stroller and all your bags and not worry about someone stealing all your stuff, or that you're in Florida and there hasn't been a single mosquito. We went with Daddy's dad's side of the family. All total, there were fourteen people with 5 kids ranging from ages 7 to less than 1. It was really fun being with everyone but if I had the choice of who exactly to go with, I would choose one other family with children close to Violet's age. It's sometimes frustrating and inconvient to be with that many people and find rides for everyone and places to eat, etc. It may have been better if Violet was a little older and could go on more rides. We took her on every ride that she could go on though. I really thought I might be scarring her for life when I took her in the Haunted Mansion but she was totally fine with it. When we came out of the ride I asked her if she like it and she said she wanted to do it again. We took her back on the last night (it was like 10 pm) and went on it again and she still wasn't freaked out or anything. The other ride that I thought might scare her was Pirates of the Carribean but again she was having a great time, even when the ride got stuck for a little bit. I think her favorite ride out of everything was Dumbo. I wish we could have taken her on the Teacup ride or Winnie the Pooh but they were both closed for routine maitenence. They're actually doing a lot of construction at the Magical Kingdom right now. They're buiding Belle's castle and a Little Mermaid ride :D. I'm still recovering from the trip so I'll probably write more on Disney later, but for now this is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment